While being busy isn’t a batch of honor sometimes we all have to juggle between different things in life.
Work, kids, family, friends, household chores, checkups at doctors and the list goes on and on.
It’s not always easy to find time for ourselves to practice self-care.
However, caring for yourself is so crucial for your emotional, spiritual and physical health and wellbeing.
How can you serve others when your batteries aren’t charged?
You can be a better friend, partner, mom, wife and even business owner when you know that you’re not leaving yourself behind and care for yourself while serving others.
Schedule in time for yourself in your calendar just like any other appointment you might have so it doesn’t get forgotten.
It’ll be an appointment with yourself and the goal to pamper your body, mind, and soul.
In this post, I share with you the13 best self-care ideas you can start right away.
Take the inspiration that appeals to you most and try it out next time you have some time with yourself.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Self-care for your body
- Self-care for your mind
- Self-care for your soul
SELF-CARE FOR YOUR BODY
Put on your yoga pants roll out your yoga mat and start doing some yoga at the gym or even at the comfort of your home.
There are plenty of free youtube videos online showing you how to get started if you haven’t done it before.
Start with just a couple of minutes and increase your practice over time.
Choose high nutritious foods to support your body especially in times when you have a lot going on.
All you need is a good blender, fresh organic fruits, water and a little bit of superfood.
Use a cognac sponge on your face for deep cleansing before you put on your favorite cream.
While I used a lot of different facial products in the past I started minimalizing my bathroom in 2013 and discovered the cognac sponge.
Best thing ever for removing dried parts and to have a soft skin with less effort.
Don’t forget to care for your hands and feet.
After a long day one of the most relaxing things you can treat yourself with is a spa foot massager.
Get yourself a foot massage and lay back on your couch, put on some relaxing music and give yourself afterward a relaxing manicure & pedicure.
5. FLOATING / MASSAGE
Have you ever tried floating in a sensory deprivation tank?
While this might sound a bit crazy first, studies show that it can increase relaxation, decrease pain and stress and might even help to sleep better at night.
I’ve tried two times and loved it. Check out Groupon to see if you find a good deal near your home town.
They also always have some great massage deals on offer.
SELF-CARE FOR YOUR MIND
Switch off every device that may distract you, take out your meditation cushion, close your eyes and simply observe your breath for a couple of minutes.
In case that sounds too boring, you can also check out the meditation app called headspace and use this as a guidance to get started with your meditation practice.
7. GREAT BOOK
If you don’t know where to start to check out my list with over 90 books and see if there’s something you might love.
8. SPA CENT
Diffuse your favorite essential oil in a beautiful spa diffuser.
This spa diffuser not only has the benefit that it serves as aromatherapy but also reliefs stress, purifies air in your room and moistens your skin.
SELF-CARE FOR YOUR SOUL
9. SET GOALS
Envision your best possible future and set goals to realize your dreams.
You can do it by starting with a future vision of yourself 5 years from now followed by the level 10 life assessment.
Once you have your future vision and current life situation mapped out you can start setting goals to get from where you are to where you want to be.
The printable slay your goals planner is a tool you can use to break down your future life vision into measurable, actionable goals.
Put on your favorite music, take out your favorite journal and start journaling.
There is almost nothing more relaxing than drawing, painting or simply writing into a journal.
I personally love to make weekly thought downloads to empty my mind with all the to do’s that’s present there.
After everything is “downloaded” onto paper I love to see how and when I can take action on those things and schedule them in my calendar.
This way the mind is cleared and a solution is found for all the swirling thoughts.
If you are one of the lucky ones with a huge bathtub take advantage of it.
Put in some sweet organic bath bombs.
While the water is running into your bathtub, place your favorite scented candle, along with your favorite beverage and your tablet on your bathtub tray.
Ready to watch your favorite tv series while relaxing in your bathtub.
Why waiting until someone buys you flowers.
You know best which ones you love most.
Next time you are in town passing by a florist go in and buy yourself a bouquet of your favorite flowers.
Place it on your desk in your favorite vase and enjoy the wonderful scent of these beautiful flowers.
13. SPA FOUNTAIN
There is something magical about spa fountains.
And something relaxing about the gentle splash of streaming water.
Place a feng shui indoor fountain at your desk and enjoy the pleasant sound of it.
All self-care products I mentioned in this post at a glance:
- A yoga mat to get started with your yoga practice anywhere you are along with a free yoga youtube video.
- Superfood to nourish your body especially when you feel drained and need an extra boost of energy.
- Blender to prepare your healthy delicious smoothies in the morning
- Cognac sponge to deep cleansing your face before you put on your favorite cream.
- Spa foot massager is the best thing you can give to yourself after a long day in the office or running around in the house chasing your kids.
- Manicure/Pedicure set for a little self-care for your hands and feet.
- Groupon for a great massage and floating deal in your hometown.
- Meditation cushion to sit comfortably while you’re meditating and listening to headspace.
- Cozy socks for a relaxing evening with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and a book on your couch.
- Booklist as inspiration for the next book you gonna read.
- Essential oil for aromatherapy or simply for relaxation.
- Spa diffuser to increase the feeling of spa and wellness in your home as well as for stress relief, aromatherapy and to purify the air in your home.
- Journal to relax your mind by writing down your thoughts.
- Slay your goals planner is the tool you can use to turn your future vision into actionable smart goals.
- Organic bath bombs for a chill out bathing experience.
- Bathtub tray to make your bathing an even more fun and relaxing experience.
- Flowers from the florist just as a spontaneous act of self-love placed on your desk in your favorite vase.
- Feng shui indoor fountain for the soothing sound of streaming water.
You might be also interested in 13 self-love tips to improve your life immediately and how to have more balance in your life in 5 easy steps.