This yummy chocolate cake is super quick and easy to make and yet so delicious!
Preparation time approx. 5 minutes, backing time 25 minutes! Sounds awesome, right?
It´s vegan and without any added sugar!
A healthy alternative to conventional cakes for the entire family!
You can make it as a simple chocolate cake or follow the entire instructions and add 1/2 orange to it for an orange chocolate taste.
Share the cake love on Pinterest!
What you need:
- Vitamix or a similar high-performance blender
- Wholemeal Flour (330g = 2 1/2 cups)
- Unsweetened Organic Cacao Powder (40g = 1/3 cup)
- Baking Soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sea Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 Organic Orange
- 1/2 Organic Lemon
- Organic Medjool Dates (150g = 2/3 cup)
- Organic Coconut Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Purified Water (3 cups) (We clean our water with a water distiller)
HOW TO MAKE THIS CAKE:
Prep time: approx 5 minutes; Baking time: 25minutes 175°C (=350°F)
- Put the wholemeal flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda into a mixing bowl
- Put the Medjool dates, water, coconut oil, 1/2 orange, juice of 1/2 lemon into your high-performance blender for 35 seconds
- Pour the date mixture into the mixing bowl
- Stir together all ingredients
5. Grate orange peel of 1/2 orange into the cake
6. Pour the liquid cake mass into a baking tin. I like to put a baking paper into the Teflon baking tin before I pour in the liquid cake mass. Just because of the Teflon (it´s not so healthy), you don´t have to do this.
7. Bake the cake at 175°C = 350°F for 25 minutes
After 25 minutes it should look similar to this cake. Check with a toothpick or a fork if it´s evenly baked on the inside.
It´s toddler approved! Your entire family will love this cake!
If you are not used to eating sugarfree, you can use more Medjool dates for a sweeter taste.
Instead of the Cocoa Powder, you can also use Carob Powder. Carob Powder doesn´t contain caffeine, while the Cocoa Powder does. You can especially consider this if you want to give this cake to your toddler. We tried both variations and loved both.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VEGAN DIET?
Alena and Lars from Nutriciously created a great starter kit for a smooth transition.
If you want to go on a vegan diet this is where I would start.