I didn’t know anything about the level 10 life up to January 2017 either.
That’s when I heard about it and tried it for the first time.
I wish I knew it earlier because, in my opinion, it’s a very easy and yet powerful, individual life assessment tool.
It can help you improve your life in all areas.
WHAT IS THE LEVEL 10 LIFE CONCEPT
Level 10 life is an idea I heard for the first time from the book called The miracle morning written by Hal Elrod.
Living a level 10 life begins with making an honest assessment in 10 areas of your life by rating each area from 1 to 10.
1 being the lowest, unfulfilling state and 10 being the most possible fulfilled state of the certain category you can reach.
Example of the categories can be:
- Career / Business
- Relationships / Family & Friends
- Significant other / Marriage
- Recreation / Fun
- Personal growth
- Faith / Spirituality
- Volunteering / Service
- Physical environment
HOW TO USE THE LEVEL 10 LIFE CONCEPT
You can either make your assessment by simply drawing a bar chart or in the form of a wheel of assessment.
With the help of the bar chart and the wheel of assessment, you can clearly see where you are right now in your life.
The wheel of assessment is a circle divided into 10 areas.
Each area is marked with 10 levels.
Starting at 1 and going up until 10.
The idea behind this is to reach level 10 in each of the above-mentioned areas.
So you can live a level 10 life, which basically means a totally fulfilled life according to your own measurements and ideas.
To be honest I don’t believe that it’s possible to get a level 10 in all 10 areas of our life all the time or at all.
Our life is always 50 / 50 and not always only sunshine and rainbows.
So don’t be upset if you don’t reach a level 10 life in all areas of your life.
In my opinion, the level 10 life concept is more of a great starting tool as the first step to see where you are right now in your life. And to see the gap between your current situation and your goal.
I’m a believer in constant self-improvement and personal growth and I don’t believe in static goals.
They change over time with life experience and with the flow of life.
But anyhow with the level 10 life concept, you can create a clear framework with your core values which makes it a lot easier to design your dream life!
DESIGN AN AMAZING LIFE WITH THE LEVEL 10 LIFE CONCEPT
Answer honestly in each of the 10 areas of your life at which level you are right now.
As the next step, you imagine how your ideal life would look like in each of these 10 areas.
How would your life look like in all areas if money wasn’t an obstacle and you could live the life of your dreams?
Close your eyes and think of each area of your life.
Than grab a piece of paper and jot down your answers.
- What do you eat?
- What sports are you doing?
- How do you keep yourself balanced?
- How do you look like?
- How healthy are you?
2. CAREER / BUSINESS
- Where do you work?
- What do you work?
- Who do you work with?
- Why do you love this work so much?
3. RELATIONSHIPS / FAMILY
- With who are you spending your time with?
- Who are your friends?
- How often do you spend time with your family and friends?
- How is your relationship with your family and friends?
- What are you doing together that lights you up?
4. SIGNIFICANT OTHER / MARRIAGE
- Are you married?
- Do you have kids?
- How is your marriage?
- How is your relationship to your significant other and to your kids?
- How are you spending your days together?
- How much money do you earn?
- How much savings do you have?
- How are you handling your money?
- How is your overall financial situation?
6. RECREATION / FUN
- Where do you spend your free time?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Who do you spend your free time with?
- What fun activities are you doing that you love?
7. PERSONAL GROWTH
- Which personal obstacles did you overcome?
- In which direction are you evolving?
- What is important to you?
- Which limiting beliefs could you get rid of?
- What do you love about yourself?
8. FAITH / SPIRITUALITY
- What do you believe in?
- How and how often do you connect with yourself and to source energy?
- Who are your mentors/guides in terms of faith/spirituality?
9. VOLUNTEERING / SERVICE
- What are you giving back as a service to planet earth and to the society?
- Who do you support?
- How are you supporting?
- Why are you supporting this specific organization?
10. PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
- How do you live?
- Where do you live?
- Who do you live with?
- How is your home and how is your working environment?
These questions are my examples.
You can ask yourself more questions and any questions you like for each category.
The more detailed your imagination about your ideal, fulfilled, happy life is the clearer you can be in which direction you are heading and the better you can set for yourself long-term and short-term goals!
You take the analysis from where you are and the analysis for where you want to be.
You compare them category by category and start formulating goals for each category!
Ask yourself for example for each category following questions:
- What do I want to reach?
- How do I want to change?
- Where do I want to expand?
- When do I want to reach this goal?
- What do I have to do to reach that goal?
Make a strategic plan how you can get from A where you are to Z where you want to be.
Break down your big long-term goals for each area of your life first into small chunks and finally into tiny steps.
No worries it’s easier as it sounds.
Get the Go For Your Dreams Planner it will walk you through the entire process from creating a life vision to breaking it down into daily goals.
Be creative and think in a solution-oriented way.
Focus on the outcome and not on the obstacles!
If you determined that a certain goal might take 10 years to realize, then look at this goal and think of what you can accomplish in 5 years to be on halfway then see what you can do within the next 2 years, then within the next year and so on.
Break it down until you have so little tiny steps that you work on your big goal each day!
Don’t get paralyzed by the thought of a huge goal take it to step by step.
Each tiny step towards your dream life adds up being closer to living your dream life!
Tiny progress each day is still progress!
Don’t let yourself be discouraged by the actual situation!
You are the designer of your life and capable of achieving your goals.
Download the free Go For Your Dreams Guide and learn about the steps you have to take to achieve your goals.
Use the templates from the printable Go For Your Dreams Planner and turn your dream into an actionable plan.